I have suffered with back pain for years. I have 2 herniated discs, SI joint problems, and Fibromyalgia, and now I have this random twitching in my legs – primarily the knee area, and in my hands. My poor body is falling apart! Pain wise, some days are better than others, but on the days when the pain is worse, I have a few techniques that I try, to reduce the pain:
- I am at my computer quite frequently, doing work, or researching things. My chair is old, and I’ve had it over 10 years. I now use blankets and pillows to make the seating more comfortable, but if I had my preference, I’d love a Herman Miller chair. Take a look, they are super comfy with all kinds of perks!
- I drink a LOT of water. Water is very good for the joints and overall body health, and when I drink more, I feel better.
- Eat a balanced diet. In my research, I’ve found that certain foods that contain protein, magnesium, potassium, specific vitamins, etc, help with some of my symptoms. If I am having an especially rough time with a certain symptom, I’ll look to eat foods that can help in that area.
- Get plenty of sleep. This can be SO hard when pain is an issue, but take naps or do whatever you need to do to allow your body to rest and heal.
- Make sure you take your medications on time. Missing doses can allow pain to increase.
- Ice/Heat – your doctor should recommend which is better for your issue. Heat helps me keep my muscles loose, and I keep a heating pad close.
This is a sponsored post for Healthy Back, however, all the points and views are my own.